When this Policy applies: This Policy applies to use of the Prospects’ Website and to use of Prospects’ Products, including our software and our mobile apps( available from time to time on Google Play or App Store). Without limitation our Products include:
- PROSPECTS WEB
- PROSPECTS SYNC
- PROSPECTS EDM
- PROSPECTS MOBILE
- MLS-TOUCH, Navica Mobile Plus, MLS-client, MLS Listings, Navica Client, CDAR Mobile, Go Agent, CADREB Mobile.
- Any other software or mobile app we may offer for sale/use from time to time.
When this Policy does not apply – Third party websites and applications:
3. Collection of Personal Information
We collect the Personal Information you submit in using our Website and Products including:
General: We may collect information about you, including but not limited to Personal Information, when you provide it to us in requesting, purchasing, registering for, and/or viewing our Products or otherwise using our Website as well as when you communicate with us.
Mobile Application/ Software: When you download and/or use our Products, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, and operating system version.
Information Collection Inherent to the Operation of the Products: Our Products are Customer Relation Management Systems and as such inherently collect Personal Information about you and your clients and agents including, without limitation, names, addresses, contact information, current and past listings, financial details of real estate transactions etc. By purchasing or otherwise using our Products you are expressly consenting to our collection and use of such information. By providing us with any third-party Personal Information you are representing that you are the owner of such Personal Information or otherwise have the requisite consent of the third party to provide the information to us to be used as intended by our Products. Note that this type of information is not collected merely because of visiting our Website.
Source of your Personal Information When They are Not Collected from You. We may have received your Personal Information from third parties who have obtained your consent to share your Personal Information with us in order to optimize services rendered by such third parties .For example , in order to optimize our Services we may collect information from your MLS service , real estate board service etc.
What are my opt-out rights?
You can stop all collection of information by our Products by uninstalling them from your computer/devices and by no longer using them.
4. Collection of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data on this Website and in our Products & Services in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect:
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you use our Products and Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your use of our services, including location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you use on our services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites and applications or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Non-personal information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our services and to deliver better Products.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:
Web beacons, tags and scripts may be used on our Website and Products or in email or other electronic communications we send to you or receive from you. These assist us in delivering cookies, counting visits to our Website and understanding usage . We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by our third-party service providers on an individual and aggregated basis.
We gather certain information and store it in log files when you interact with our Website and Products. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses as well as browser type, internet service provider, URLs of referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, information you search for, locale and language preferences, identification numbers associated with your devices, your mobile carrier, and system configuration information. We may connect Personal Information to information gathered in our log files as necessary to improve our Website and Products.
Information Collected from Other Sources
Information from Third Party Services and Social Media
We may also obtain other information, including Personal Information, from third parties and combine that with information we collect through our Website and Products. For example, we may have access to certain information from a third-party social media or authentication service (such as Facebook) if you log into our services through such a service or otherwise provide us with access to information from the service. Any access that we may have to such information from a third-party social media or authentication service is in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by that service. If you authorize us to connect with a third-party service, we will access and store your name, email address(es), current city, profile picture URL, and other personal information that the third-party service makes available to us and use and disclose it in accordance with this Policy. You should check your privacy settings on these third-party services to understand and change the information sent to us through these services.
5. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To provide our Services and Products and to optimize their effectiveness.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
6. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- third-party service providers that we use to provide hosting for and maintenance of our Website, application development, backup, storage, payment processing, analytics and other services for us.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal information in response to valid requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
We do not permit our third-party service providers to use the Personal Information that we share with them for their marketing purposes or for any other purpose than in connection with the services they provide to us.
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” section below.
7. Protection of Personal Information
8. Retention and Deletion
Prospects will not retain Personal Information longer than is necessary or as required by applicable laws and regulations. To request data deletion please call our toll free 1-888-765-9221 or make a request online.
9. Privacy Questions/Contact Us
10. California Residents
If you are a California Resident and you wish to exercise your right to know what Personal Information we have about you or request the deletion of such Personal Information in our possession or that we have shared with third parties please call our toll free 1-888-765-9221 or make a request online.
Prospects complies with the laws and regulations applicable in your geographic area and jurisdiction. If you have any questions regarding our compliance with local privacy laws, please contact us.
12. Acceptance of These Terms and Conditions
13. Quebec Residents
Pursuant to Division I.1, Section 3.1 of the Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector, CQLR c P-39.1, the title and contact information of the person in charge of the protection of personal information of residents of Quebec, Canada are as follows: QuebecDPO@prospects.com.